Today’s random thoughts are brought to you by Sherry J.
In my last blog I talked about how I plan everything. Well…today, I was sitting here going through
my personal and work calendars. Boy do I
have a lot going on. I have reminders,
to-do’s and meetings on my personal and work calendars. I have work
meetings that I must attend and they are scheduled.....95% of the time. I also put
my workouts on my calendar as well, which are schedule 100% of the time.
As I was walking on the treadmill this morning, I had a talk
with myself. I tend to oversleep
sometimes, and try to squeeze in my workouts, while on work conference
calls. That clearly is not working. So…I’m going back to the way I used to do
things. My mind set is…..I don’t miss a
work meeting at it is scheduled. It’s on
my calendar for a reason and I was invited for a reason. That same concept applies to exercise. I invited myself to a workout. I typically workout 5-6 days a week. As long as it’s on my calendar, it is a
meeting that I CAN NOT miss, unless something major comes up. That is
just how important, exercise is to me.
My goal is to make sure that I start my day off with a good
workout.
Did you know that exercise is a good way to clear your mind?
Did you know that exercise improves your mood?
Did you know that exercise is a good way to de-stress? I’m sure you knew that. Personally, scheduling my workout helps me
remain accountable. I am accountable for
doing everything I can to be successful in my fitness journey. I even include my husband on all my invites
(Just in case I’m still lying on the basement floor from doing a crazy
workout. At least he will be able to
tell someone what I was doing J).
See, on your job, there are meetings that you have to
attend. Lord knows…there are days when
the only meeting on either calendar is my workout. Then there are days, when there is complete
insanity going on in my work day, and my only saving grace is the very first
meeting of my day…my workout. I also
have evening meetings a.k.a. workouts as well.
They are all on my calendar as well.
How important is your fitness journey to you? Is it important enough to really start
holding yourself accountable? Making
sure that you are adding workouts to your calendar and treating like meetings
that must be attended? Are you ready to
step up your game on your fitness journey?
Are you ready to hold yourself accountable?

No comments:
Post a Comment